What Should a Company Consider When Choosing Relocation Technology?
Choosing relocation technology requires careful consideration. The solution to making the right choice is to know what questions to ask. Companies should ask their Relocation Management Company (RMC) a number of questions to ensure they receive an industry-leading technology.
What are the 5 Major Questions Companies Should Ask?
When it comes to choosing relocation technology companies should ask five major questions. While all of the questions are important, perhaps first and foremost is:
Question #1: Is the relocation technology secure, safe, and fully compliant?
RMCs should have systems that are compliant, as well as operable even during periods of disruption. Consider performing a security assessment of the RMC. Ask for the RMC’s business continuity plan. Answers that should be forthcoming would assure companies that:
- Relocating employee’s personal information is fully secure and protected
- Privacy setup is compliant with all regulatory requirements
- Necessary organization service controls are in place
Question #2: How will choosing relocation technology like this solution help our relocating employees?
Since employees will interact with the technology, it should be seen as helpful. A robust technology solution will provide employees with a positive experience. Answers to look for would include:
- The technology is fully accessible across any type of devices, including tablets and smartphones
- It can be used by relocating employees as well as candidates for positions
- All aspects of relocation should be covered including:
- Expense submission and tracking—real-time and online
- Travel arrangements
- Tools to help transferees learn new languages and cultures
- Access to details of all relocation benefits
- Easy to use calculators to create buy versus rent comparisons
- Alerts that can be sent by text or email
- Virtual destination information and guides
Question #3: How will choosing relocation technology help our company’s relocation program?
Answers should provide assurance of a robust single-platform technology solution. The relocation technology should provide all departments that have an interest in relocation with helpful tools to understand, administer, and report on the program. Human resources, talent acquisition, accounting, and other administrative stakeholders should be able to increase their efficiency with:
- Online tools and resources such as reports for planning and management
- Analytics and tools for pre-hire and decision processes
- Easy to customize dashboards for data displays
- Budgeting and cost estimating capabilities
- Comprehensive performance analytics including metrics and service level agreements
- Easy to customize online relocation initiation and approval processes
- Service and financial reporting suites on demand and fully customizable
Question #4: When choosing relocation technology like this, do we know if it is customizable and scalable?
Answers should confirm that you can customize the technology to meet your company’s needs. Views should be easy to change to provide a viewer with the information they need, when they need it. Reports should be easy to create and easy to change so that any user’s needs can be fully met. The technology should be able to accommodate any number of relocating employees, from 10 to 500 or more, as your company grows in size and global footprint.
Question #5: How will this relocation technology integrate with other corporate systems?
Answers should confirm that the technology will integrate with your existing payroll, human resource administration, and other critical operating systems. This will ensure the technology will provide an enhancement to your company’s workflows and processes.
What Should Companies do when Choosing Relocation Technology?
Companies should work with a qualified Relocation Management Company (RMC) that can provide access to a robust relocation technology. MyRelocation™ from Global Mobility Solutions is a single-platform, online relocation management suite that provides our clients and their transferees an array of decision-making, tracking, and expense management tools.
GMS was the first relocation company to register as a .com. The company also created the first online interactive tools and calculators, and revolutionized the entire relocation industry. GMS continues to set the industry pace as the pioneer in innovation and technology solutions with its proprietary MyRelocation™ technology platform.
GMS’ team of global relocation experts has helped thousands of our clients understand how they can gain the benefits of using a leading relocation technology for managing relocation processes. Our team can help your company learn how to choose relocation technology that is safe, secure, and compliant. This will ensure privacy and protection of employee information. We can also demonstrate our easy to use tools that provide quick and simple solutions for information and expense tracking and reporting.
Global Mobility Solutions is proud to be named and ranked #1 Overall, and #1 in Quality of Service by HRO Today’s 2019 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Survey.
Learn best practices from Global Mobility Solutions, the relocation industry and technology experts who are dedicated to keeping you informed and connected. Contact our experts online to discuss your company’s needs for choosing relocation technology, or give us a call at 800.617.1904 or 480.922.0700 today.