Many home sellers with vacant properties can increase their home’s appeal to buyers through virtual staging. Virtually staging a property is a cost effective option that provides sellers with attractive listing photos. These photos can be used in brochures, online listings, and other home marketing materials. As a result, buyers are more likely to show stronger interest in the home. Also, the photos will attract a much larger buyer audience.
What is Virtual Staging?
GMS spoke with Jay Bell and Krisztina Bell, Founders and Marketing Directors of Virtually Staging Properties (VSP). Jay and Krisztina agreed to share their industry knowledge on virtual staging and other aspects of staging properties to increase their appeal to buyers.
The Virtual Staging Process
According to Jay and Krisztina, virtual staging done by VSP starts with actual photographs that sellers provide. The process includes:
- Seller provides actual photographs to VSP
- VSP Professionals review the property details provided and develop a staging plan
- Current furnishings and décor are utilized to provide superior results and unmatched realism
- Photos are transformed into warm, inviting and attractive images that are transmitted to the client for use in marketing the property
The process results in significantly more attractive images that appeal to buyers. High quality and visually appealing photos show buyers what the home will look like with beautiful furnishing and professional staging. Buyers are more inclined to purchase when they see dazzling and engaging photos.
What are the Benefits of Virtual Staging?
Jay and Krisztina note a continuing trend toward a “virtual world” where the percentage of buyers who bid on homes without even seeing them keeps increasing. Home sellers want these buyers to see their property as attractive. In a virtual world, virtual staging has risen in importance to sellers. Benefits of this service include:
- Customized approach fits every client’s needs
- Home’s unique characteristics are highlighted
- Cost effective solution appeals to budget-conscious clients
- Works in any space: main living areas, flex rooms, outdoor areas
- Quick turnaround time of approximately 2 business days once client correctly submits their order
VSP offers cost effective solutions that cover a number of scenarios and packages:
- Pro Virtual Staging exclusively for professional home stagers and interior designers
- Custom Virtual Staging
- Express Virtual Staging (using furnishing from the VSP Express Inventory)
Virtual Staging Costs Versus Traditional Home Staging Costs
One of the greatest benefits of virtual staging is how the cost compares to traditional home staging. On average, clients using virtual staging receive a range of photos they can use for a one-time cost. VSP has options ranging from $39 per photo for Express to $60 per photo for Custom, with the total cost for a typical set of 5 staged photos ranging from $195 to $300 respectively.
By comparison, costs for traditional home staging are much higher. They may include $300-$600 for the first consultation, and $500 to $600 for each staged room on a monthly basis. Combined with a staging contract three-month minimum, and costs per month could rise to $2,000 or more. For traditional home staging, a total cost at the end of a three-month minimum contract may be over $6,000.
Combining Virtual Staging with Traditional Home Staging Provides the Best of Both Options
Jay and Krisztina offer both virtual staging and traditional home staging to their clients. These services have become complimentary marketing tools with agents and sellers. Their clients appreciate that they can traditionally stage all the main areas in a vacant listing and virtually stage other flex rooms and outdoor spaces while staying within their marketing budget.
Three major benefits of this approach include:
- Offering a form of staging that is economical for smaller budgets
- Assisting clients who do not want to have furnishings brought into their home
- Offering another option for clients who request furnishings they may not keep in their inventory
What Does This Mean?
Home sellers who are looking for a cost effective solution that will create attractive and realistic photos should consider virtual staging. Companies such as VSP offer a variety of solutions that can be customized to fit each client’s specific marketing needs. As a result, sellers will receive photos that draw interest from buyers. Sellers will also be able to reach a wider audience of buyers with their virtual staging photos.
GMS’ team of domestic relocation experts has helped thousands of our clients understand how to provide solutions for their new hires and transferees who are looking to buy or sell a home. Our network of top agents market homes following industry best practices. They will have knowledge that helps home sellers understand the best and most cost effective solutions to marketing their homes such as using virtual staging to create visually appealing photos for marketing materials.
GMS was the first relocation company to register as a “.com.” The company also created the first online interactive tools and calculators, and revolutionized the entire relocation industry. GMS continues to set the industry pace as the pioneer in innovation and technology solutions with its proprietary MyRelocation® technology platform.
New SafeRelo™ COVID-19 Knowledge Portal
GMS recently launched its new SafeRelo™ COVID-19 Knowledge Portal featuring a number of helpful resources including:
- Curated selection of news and articles specific to managing relocation programs and issues relating to COVID-19
- Comprehensive guide to national, international, and local online sources for current data
- Program/Policy Evaluation (PPE) Tool for instant relocation policy reviews
Contact our experts online to learn more about home seller marketing solutions such as virtual staging, or give us a call at 800.617.1904 or 480.922.0700 today.