What is the Best Way to Learn a New Language and Culture?
Learning a new language and culture can be challenging. Many employers go to great lengths to identify candidates for global relocation assignments. Often these positions require a specific set of skills and education. Also, the candidate must have a desire to learn new languages and cultures. Pre-decision services are valuable in this stage of the relocation process.
Employers gain a wealth of information from pre-decision services. As a result, employers can forecast relocation costs, understand candidate motivations, and provide candidates with helpful resources.
Pre-decision services often include:
- Candidate Assessment – Assess candidate expectation, skills, personal qualities, family circumstance, and financial preparedness.
- Cost of Living Analysis – Cost of living comparison of origin and destination cities to help determine acceptable or competitive salary range.
- Market Analysis – Determines the likely home sale timeline and identifies potential home sale challenges such as negative equity.
- School Reports – Public and Private School reports provided to the relocating employee to aid community selection.
- Moving Cost Estimates – Cost estimates on household goods transportation, helps budget for relocation costs.
- Community Search & Tours – Coordinates community orientation tours to familiarize relocating employees to their new location, and assist in selecting an area that fits their particular interests.
By using pre-decision services, employers gain many benefits. Candidate job acceptance ratios rise and global relocation success rates increase. With these rising acceptance ratios, employers can rest assured that candidates are ready and willing to do what it takes to be successful.
What About the Global Location’s Language and Culture?
Once the candidate accepts the global relocation, employers can help them increase their chances for success. By providing valuable tools for candidates, employers help them fully prepare for their new position. One valuable tool is a virtual trainer for language and culture.
Global Relocation Virtual Trainer for Language and Culture
A virtual trainer for language and culture allows candidates to access training anytime, anywhere. This access gives candidates the flexibility they need. Whether traveling or in a remote location, the virtual trainer lets candidates learn at their own pace.
Language Modules include:
- Intuitive, straightforward interface
- Self-paced lessons
- Focus on conversation proficiency
- Cultural insights and nuances that impact vocabulary and grammar
- Mobile apps for quick brush-ups
Cultural Modules include:
- One-on-one personal training via webcam
- Coaches explain how to see cultural differences to promote synergy
- Practical and actionable guidance to operate in business settings
- Learning to leverage skill sets found in other cultures
- Communicates values including mutual respect and understanding
What Does This Mean?
Relocating employees who use a global relocation virtual trainer greatly increase their chances for success. Employers that offer this valuable resource also save from 50% to 75% over the usual costs of language and culture training. The cloud-based software lets Human Resource professionals focus on corporate objectives. Relocating employees gain valuable skills that can help them succeed in future endeavors.
What Should Employers do for Language and Culture Training?
Employers should work with a qualified Relocation Management Company (RMC) that can provide access to a global relocation virtual trainer. Employers considering relocating new hires or transferees to global locations should provide them with as many valuable resources as possible. This will help the relocating employees increase their language and culture knowledge. As a result, these employees will be more likely to succeed in their assignment.
GMS’ team of global relocation experts has helped thousands of our clients understand how they can gain the benefits of using a global relocation virtual trainer. Our team can help your company understand how to provide your relocating employees with valuable and easy to use tools for language and culture training.
Global Mobility Solutions is proud to be named and ranked #1 Overall, and #1 in Quality of Service by HRO Today’s 2019 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Survey.
Learn best practices from Global Mobility Solutions, the relocation industry and technology experts who are dedicated to keeping you informed and connected. Contact our experts online to discuss your company’s language and culture training needs, or give us a call at 800.617.1904 or 480.922.0700 today.